Established as tailor-made recruitment organization more than 20 years ago, Global Partner HR Solutions is a Portuguese company, based in Lisbon, with experienced human resources consultants specialized in finding the right person, for the right position, at the right time. We are driven by long-term relationships by helping clients identify hiring needs and finding the right fit and by helping candidates through their career challenges and new job opportunities.
In the GIS Technician role, you will be working as part of the Planning Team and you will have key involvement in the planning and modelling of new Telecoms networks. This will involve inputting, planning & modelling Civil/Cable Routes, producing maps and drawings, and providing GIS and mapping support to field staff. If suitable, you will also have the opportunity to introduce new automated processes to improve efficiency within the planning team.
- Compile and update data capture information on GIS software and systems.
- Perform data conversion using GIS software and systems.
- Manage and maintain data set on our system.
- Troubleshoot GIS problems and work with design team to resolution.
- Ensure outputs are to the highest quality and adhere to client satisfaction.
- Draw up RF electrical/fibre networks and schematics.
- Design and draw up proposed duct routes on scale maps.
- Produce working documentation and works instructions.
- Provide full estimate of project materials and labor costs.
- Produce Bills of Quantities and Bills of Materials.
- Identify repetitive tasks that can be automated to improve efficiency.
- A degree qualification in Engineering / Data communications /Networks/GIS/Geography
- or a related field is desirable
- Strong GIS skills
- Ability to multi-task and work to a high standard
- An analytical, detail-oriented approach to work
- A willingness to learn and develop skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Previous scripting experience using python, SQL, LISP programmes is advantageous.
Send your job Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org